The International Conference on Dispute Resolution (ICDR) 2017 accepts papers in English, Arabic and Bahasa Melayu (Malaysia/Indonesia). For the call document in Arabic, please download it here: ICDR Flyer- Arabic revised 28 April 2017.
Authors are invited to submit quality papers presenting original research or any on-going works. Submitted papers will be reviewed based on the criteria of originality, soundness, academic methodologies, and presentation. The scope of ICDR 2017 includes, but is not limited to, the following themes:
I. Global Trends in Alternative Dispute Resolution:
- Online dispute resolution.
- Domain Name Dispute Resolution.
- The UNCITRAL framework for dispute resolution.
- Dispute Settlement in international law and international commercial arbitration, and any other area that falls under the general purview of global trends in ADR.
- Mediation and arbitration training, accreditation and standards.
- Commerce, industry and labour disputes.
- Cultural Issues in cross-border dispute resolution.
- Mass action and ADR.
II. Dispute Resolution by International Dispute Resolution Bodies:
- Dispute resolution by the International Court of Justice (ICJ).
- Dispute resolution by the International Criminal Court (ICC).
- Dispute resolution by the World Trade Organisation (WTO).
- Dispute resolution by the International Tribunal of the Law of the Sea (ITLOS).
- Dispute resolution by the Permanent Court of Arbitration (PCA).
III. Dispute Resolution in Islam:
- Modern relevance of Islamic dispute resolution.
- The amicable settlement of disputes as the bedrock of ADR in Islam.
- Islamic dispute resolution in family matters.
- Islamic dispute resolution in commercial matters.
- Islamic dispute resolution in Political Controversies.
- Islamic dispute resolution and the Shari‘ah courts.
- Islamic dispute resolution in the civil courts.
- Shari‘ah tribunals in Muslim-minority states.
- The Qur’anic philosophy on dispute resolution.
- Sulh and Tahkim in the modern frameworks of dispute resolution.
- Fatwa and dispute avoidance.
IV. Dispute Resolution in Islamic Banking and Finance Industry:
- Islamic finance litigation.
- Arbitration in Islamic finance.
- Takaful dispute resolution.
- Dispute resolution in the Islamic capital market.
- Dispute avoidance in Islamic finance.
- Legal enforceability of ADR agreements in Islamic finance contracts.
- Defaults and dispute management in Sukuk transactions.
V. Other Issues in Dispute Resolution and Case Studies:
- Construction dispute resolution.
- Employment Dispute Resolution.
- Community dispute resolution.
- Ombudsman and its relevance in administrative dispute resolution.
- Regulating dispute resolution institutions and practitioners.
- Peace and collaborative conflict management.
- Leadership, negotiation and organizational dispute management.
- Public interest litigation (PIL).
- Environmental Courts.
- Dispute Resolution Litigation.
- Various Jurisdictions.
Guidelines for Submission of Abstract and Paper:
- Papers should be written in English/Arabic/Bahasa Melayu and should be submitted in an MS word document.
- The abstract and papers should be single-spaced using Times New Roman font, point 12.
- The maximum length of the abstract is 350 words. Full papers should be between 5,000 and 10,000 words (including References).
- Referencing Style: The Chicago Manual of Style (Footnotes)
- The abstract and full paper should have the title, author’s name/s, affiliation/s, institutions and addresses; including fax, phone and e-mail.
- Please send your abstract/paper with the heading: “Submission of Abstract (or Paper)” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mode of Presentation:
- Oral Presentation
- Poster Presentation
All the accepted full papers are going to be published in the Abstracts & Proceedings thumb-drive with ISBN and will be given to the participants at the Conference. Selected articles will be published in refereed journals. Some other selected articles may be published in an edited book bearing ISBN number.
The following are important dates to adhere to:
- Abstract deadline: 15 June 2017 (CLOSED)
- Notification of acceptance of abstract: 20 June 2017
- Full Paper deadline: 31 July 2017
- Deadline for registration: 31 July 2017
- Dates of Conference: 9 & 10 August 2017